PRACE Tier-1 Workshop 2011
PRACE, the Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe, is organizing a workshop on utilizing Tier-1 HPC systems on 29-30 November 2011 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The aim of the workshop is to support researchers granted compute resources through the recent DECI-7 call as well as other potential users of the pan-European Tier-1 infrastructure.
This 2-day event is based around a number of invited talks and hands-on sessions that will provide practical guidelines and experience on utilizing the European Tier-1 systems available through the DECI-7 call. Potential users of this Tier-1 infrastructure are also invited to participate in the workshop. A large emphasis will be placed on the hands-on sessions where participants have the opportunity to identify and discuss issues directly with PRACE staff. There will also be a special session (optional) at the end of the workshop dedicated for one-to-one consultation on participants’ projects.
Areas to be covered at the workshop includes:
- General information on PRACE
- Brief introduction to the Tier-1 systems
- Generic PRACE services such as user and application support
- Practical orientation of the Tier-1 systems, i.e. day-to-day usage.
- Short exercises in compiling and running parallel code.
- Deployment of users’ own code
This workshop is hosted by SARA, Dutch national HPC and e-Science Support Center. SARA offers an integrated ICT research infrastructure and provides services in the areas of computing, data storage, visualization, networking, cloud and e-science.
Attendance is free for all EU academics. Limited support is available for travel and accommodation costs for a small number of attendees.
For more information on the workshop, the programme and the registration procedure please visit http://www.prace-ri.eu/PRACE-Tier-1-Workshop-2011
- Registration deadline: 4 November 2011
- Notification of acceptance: 11th of November 2011
- 29th of November 2011, 13:30 to 17:30
- 30th of November 2011, 9:30 to 12:00
- 30th of November 2011, 13:00 to 15:00 One-to-one sessions.