Link collection for CSC's PRACE users
If you wish to report a broken link or suggest a new one please use the email address below.
Applying for resources
Accessing an execution machine
Getting information about resource usage
CSC's PRACE resource - Sisu
- What is PRACE?
- PRACE is a persistent research infrastructure
for high-performance computing in Europe: www.prace-ri.eu
- Calls for research proposals are issued several times a year: www.prace-ri.eu/Call-Announcements
- When a proposal has been accepted, the users in the project will get user accounts on the execution machine (or machines). There are two methods to access an exec machine: interactive access with (GSI)SSH (www.prace-ri.eu/Interactive-Access-to-HPC) or remote batch job access with UNICORE (www.prace-ri.eu/UNICORE-in-PRACE).
- Information about local batch queuing systems is available at: www.prace-ri.eu/PRACE-Batch-Systems
- MyProxy service (www.prace-ri.eu/MyProxy-Service) and PRACE modules environment (www.prace-ri.eu/PRACE-Common-Production) are useful sometimes.
- For small data transfers (GSI)SCP is probably the method of choice, but if more data needs to be moved there is a better alternative available: www.prace-ri.eu/Data-Transfer-with-GridFTP
- A handy extension to GridFTP: www.prace-ri.eu/Data-Transfer-with-gtransfer
- Web front end to GridFTP: www.globusonline.org
- Resource usage can be monitored with DART: www.prace-ri.eu/Distributed-Accounting-Report-Tool
- PRACE staff is best reached through Helpdesk: www.prace-ri.eu/Helpdesk-Guide
- CSC allocates 6 % of the Sisu system for PRACE. The users are members of accepted DECI projects.
- Overview of CSC's Sisu system: www.csc.fi/english/research/Computing_services/computing
- Sisu User's Guide: datakeskus.csc.fi/en/sisu-user-s-guide
- PRACE best practice guides, whitepapers, and other user support material: www.prace-ri.eu/Documentation-and-User-Support
- Frequently asked questions about PRACE are found at: www.prace-ri.eu/User-FAQs
|Nikunen Petri||Petri.Nikunen at csc.fi|