CSC – Finnish expertise in ICT for research, education, culture and public administration
CSC is a Finnish center of expertise in ICT that provides ICT expert services at an internationally high level of quality for research, education, culture, public administration and enterprises, to help them thrive and benefit society at large. (CSC's expertise)
CSC is a non-profit state organization with a special mission. CSC is owned by the state of Finland (70%) and Finnish higher education institutions (30%).
CSC's primary customers are the Ministry of Education and Culture and organizations within its field of operations, higher education institutions and research institutes and public administration sector. CSC offices are located in Espoo Keilaniemi and Kajaani Renforsin Ranta.
CSC's business ID was activated as early as 1985 and obtained its current form in connection with the organisation's incorporation in 1993. The letters CSC were derived from the company's name at that time, the "Centre for Scientific Computing".
CSC in brief
- Founded in 1971 as a technical support unit for Univac 1108
- CSC connected Finland to the Internet in 1988
- Reorganized as a company in 1993
- CSC's datacenter in Kajaani started in 2012
- Finnish higher education institutions became CSC´s shareholders in 2017
- CSC's turnover was 40,5 million euros in 2017
- CSC had approx. 320 employees in 2017