docs.csc.fi -sivuston saavutettavuusseloste
Accessibility statement for docs.csc.fi website
This accessibility statement applies to the website docs.csc.fi.
CSC is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
- This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
- The content listed below is non-accessible because it is not compliant with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019.
- The contrast of links compared to the background is insufficient in body text and the site footer. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The focused section in the navigation menu has insufficient contrast. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The pencil icon for editing pages has insufficient contrast. (WCAG 1.4.11)
- The site logo has a misleading text alternative. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Some schematics either lack a descriptive alternative text or clear indication that a text alternative is available in body text. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Dropdown arrows in the main navigation do not have alternative text. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- Video embeds are missing text alternatives and accessible names. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The language of some software tutorials relies on visual characteristics of the software in question, such as location or shape of icons. (WCAG 1.4.8)
- The heading of the in-page Table of contents is incorrectly marked as a top-level heading (h1). (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Highlight boxes have a visual heading which is not marked up as a heading in code. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Page titles in the Application section are not always descriptive and do not match the visual heading of the page. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- The currently focused item can sometimes be hidden beneath the fixed menu bar at the top of the page. (WCAG 2.4.7)
- There are navigation regions on the page without unique labels, which can make them less useful for users of assistive technology. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Keyboard navigation issues, which can make using the navigation area difficult for screen reader and keyboard-only users (WCAG 2.1.1):
§ Main navigation sections cannot be opened using a keyboard on desktop.
§ The navigation toggle button cannot be focused with a keyboard.
§ Links within the mobile navigation can be focused with a keyboard even when they are hidden from the screen.
§ Navigating the menu on mobile using keyboard or a screen reader can result in the links disappearing from view.
o Keyboard focus can become trapped in the page header when navigating with the Tab key on Safari on macOS. (WCAG 2.1.2)
The search function has some issues which can make it harder to use for people with disabilities:
- The visual label of the search form has insufficient contrast. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- The search field has insufficient contrast with its background. (WCAG 1.4.11)
- All the subheadings of search results are incorrectly marked up as main headings (h1’s). (WCAG 1.3.1)
- Missing text alternatives for the search icon and the close button. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The search field does not have a programmatically associated label. (WCAG 1.3.1, 3.3.2)
- The form has no submit button and no prior warning indication for users who are blind that search results are displayed immediately beneath the form. (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The close button is not accessible with a keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- Moving keyboard focus out of the search field causes search results to disappear. (WCAG 1.4.13)
- The search is announced as a web dialogue to assistive technology users, but does not follow the correct specification for web dialogues, which can make screen reader use confusing. (WCAG 4.1.1.
- There is a single-key shortcut “s” to access the search function, which can interfere with speech input and screen reader shortcuts. (WCAG 2.1.4)
- The search field remains active when navigating the page with arrow keys in a screen reader, which can be an issue for sighted screen reader users. (WCAG 1.4.13)
- The structure of search results is not available for screen reader users. (WCAG 1.3.1)
Content which is not within the scope of the applicable legislation
- Videos published before September 23rd, 2020.
- PDF documents published before September 23rd, 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 10th December 2020.
It is based on an assessment carried out by a third-party evaluation of the website's compliance with the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
This statement was last reviewed on 10th December 2020.
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you notice any accessibility issues on the site, please first send feedback to us, i.e. the site administrator. It may take us up to 14 days to reply. If you are not satisfied with the reply or do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can notify the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the regulatory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland (Etelä-Suomen aluehallintovirasto)
Accessibility control unit (Saavutettavuuden valvonnan yksikkö) www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi