EUDAT CDI - EUDAT CDI
Funding source: H2020
What we are doing:
With a network of more than 20 European research organisations, data and computing centres in 14 countries, the EUDAT Collaborative Data Infrastructure (CDI) is one of the largest infrastructures of integrated data services and resources supporting research in Europe.
- It is designed to address the full lifecycle of research data, representing a strategic solution to the challenge of data proliferation in Europe's scientific and research communities.
- It is realised through an ongoing collaboration between Service Providers and Research Communities working as part of a common framework for developing and operating an interoperable layer of common data services.
- It is a growing organisation based on a contractual agreement between its members, signed for an initial period of 10 years.
Globally and nationally, the EUDAT CDI:
- Supports research providing a trustworthy, collaborative and interoperable data infrastructure.
- Assists researchers and research organisations with essential training and consultancy on Research Data Management.
- Builds the backbone of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
The CDI services cover data access, data storage, data discovery and metadata, persistent identification, data management, authentication & authorisation, service management infrastructure and Research Data Management (RDM) training & consultancy.
CSC is a key member of the EUDAT CDI and hosts its Secretariat.