EUDAT – data services and international collaboration for research
Data is changing the ways research is conducted. The EUDAT – European Data Infrastructure – a research data infrastructure initiative co-funded by the European Commission, offers research communities and researchers a set of generic services on which they can rely to manage their data and build up their e-infrastructure capacity.
CSC coordinates EUDAT, which brings together a unique consortium of 35 partners, including research communities, national data and high performance computing (HPC) centers, technology providers, and funding agencies from 15 countries.
Currently, EUDAT is working with more than 30 scientific communities and has built a suite of five integrated services which are immediately available for Finnish researchers, especially those working as part of international collaboration programmes.
- B2SHARE (www.b2share.eudat.eu): a user-friendly, reliable and trustworthy service for researchers and communities to publish and share small-scale research data coming from diverse contexts
- B2SAFE (www.b2safe.eudat.eu): a robust, safe and highly-available data management and replication service allowing community and departmental repositories to replicate and preserve their research data across EUDAT data nodes
- B2STAGE (www.b2stage.eudat.eu): a reliable, efficient, easy-to-use service to ship large amounts of research data between EUDAT data nodes and workspace areas of high-performance computing systems
- B2FIND (www.b2find.eudat.eu): a simple, user-friendly portal for finding research data collections stored in EUDAT data centres and other data repositories
- B2DROP (www.b2drop.eudat.eu): a personal cloud solution based in the trusted EUDAT CDI domain to store and share datasets in the early state of the research data life cycle.
- Leverage EUDAT integrated service suite to address needs at different lifecycle stages of the research data
- Service local customers who are part of cross-national collaborations through EUDAT cross-border and cross-community solutions
- Increase discoverability of valuable bodies of research data collected in Finland for broader international use
- Connect directly with the European Open Science Cloud
- Ease access for researchers to other international infrastructures, services and resources