Statement on Genome Center working group report - Statement on Genome Center working group report
null Statement on Genome Center working group report
- Future genome database will create new possibilities for new start-ups, thus boosting Finland's competitiveness.
- It is essential to describe clearly what is allowed and what is not in (international) research collaboration. In many cases, mere Finnish data is not enough, hence connections to international reference data are essential.
- Linkages between genome law and other relevant legislation need to be clarified, also 'genome data' needs further definition.
- In addition, clarification is needed in principles regarding individuals' rights to share, utilise and/or sell their data which may include information about their relatives' health.
- Processing genome data is based on trust and transparency in regards to e.g. who is allowed to process data and for what purpose.