Statement on the European Commission's Cybersecurity Package - Statement on the European Commission's Cybersecurity Package
null Statement on the European Commission's Cybersecurity Package
Summary of key points:
- CSC supports the proposal that clarifies the role of the European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA).
- CSC considers ENISA to have an appropriate role in creating coherent European level policies and requirements for information security.
- CSC views that the option of creating an operational CSIRT at ENISA could be considered if more information of the scope and mission of such team would be available.
- CSC considers that "EU Cybersecurity Agency" (now ENISA) should have a clearly defined mission and full operational capabilities to safeguard and secure European digital services.
- CSC views that a European set information security certification could greatly benefit the ability to provide digital services in Europe.
Read CSC's statement here (pdf).