Colocation data centers
CSC’s national data centers (MDC-1 & 2) are located in VARASTO building at the Renforsin Ranta Business Park. CSC data centers reserve 3,000 m² of space and the two separated white space areas reserve about 160 m². MDC white space can house up to 80 air-cooled rack cabinets. Colocation service options are shared rack isle or customer dedicated colocation space. MDC Colocation service offers high availability and extremely efficient cooling for HPC workloads. The year 2020 average PUE value in MDC-1 was 1.03 and in MDC-2 1.20. Efficient PUE Value and Kajaani’s cost efficient electricity pricing results 50% savings when compared on Central European cost level.
MDC data center
LUMI data center is located in RATA building at the Renforsin Ranta Business Park. LUMI has a total space of over 6,000 m², of which the white space accounts for approximately 800 m². Colocation service options are shared rack isle or customer dedicated colocation space. Colocation service offers high availability and extremely efficient cooling for HPC workloads, supporting both liquid- and air-cooled solutions. LUMI has one of the industry’s leading energy reuse effectiveness.
- Excess heat utilisation enables CO2 negative data center operations.
- HPC-ready colocation service
- Efficient services in line with sustainable development principles
- ISO 27001-certified
- Connectivity wise, the area is operator neutral. Research networks (Funet, NORDUnet and GÉANT) are available at 100Gb speeds.
- CSC’s Kajaani data centers are among the most eco-efficient in the world
- Climate-neutral data center operations from the first day onwards
- Streamlined PUE starting even from 1.03
- Data centers are designed for high-density workloads
- Local HPC expertise (CSC, Atos & HPE)