cpouta_cloud_course_2016 - cpouta_cloud_course_2016 - Training
|Date:||12.05.2016 9:00 - 12.05.2016 17:00|
|Location details:||The event is organised at the CSC Training Facilities located in the premises of CSC at Keilaranta 14, Espoo, Finland. The best way to reach us is by public transportation; more detailed travel tips) are available.|
|lecturers:|| Kalle Happonen (CSC) |
Jukka Nousiainen (CSC)
|The fee covers all materials, lunches as well as morning and afternoon coffees.|
UPDATE: This course is postponed to autumn 2016. The new timetable will be announced later this year.
This course will give a practical introduction to using CSC's cloud service cPouta.
cPouta cloud in short:
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offering from CSC
- Based on the open source OpenStack software
- Allows running your own virtual machines on CSC's infrastructure
- Allows full control of applications and operating system
- Permits direct connection to the Internet, providing new collaboration opportunities
- With great power comes greater responsibilities; users must manage and secure their servers.
The cPouta cloud service is meant for all fields of science. It allows users to solve computational challenges by means which have not previously been possible to run on CSC's other systems. Some examples where the cPouta cloud service is especially suitable are research projects that require complex application stacks or applications with a browser based user interface.
The course will consist of lectures and hands-on exercises.
|9:15-10:00||Introduction to cloud computing|
|10:30-11:30||Introduction to OpenStack|
|11:30-12:00||Tips for efficient use of the cloud environment|
|15:00-16:15||Troubleshooter: Interactive session to deal with open questions and specific problems|