hpc-hackathon-2-2016 - hpc-hackathon-2-2016 - Training
|Date:||01.09.2016 9:00 - 01.09.2016 17:00|
|Location details:||The event is organised at the CSC Training Facilities located in the premises of CSC at Keilaranta 14, Espoo, Finland. The best way to reach us is by public transportation; more detailed travel tips are available.|
|lecturers:|| HPC specialists of CSC |
|The fee covers all materials, lunches as well as morning and afternoon coffees.|
The purpose of this hack day is to provide the attendees with a distraction-free day to spend on porting and developing HPC applications and workflows. The attendees come to the workshop with the code they are developing and a specific goal to achieve, such as
- porting an application or a workflow on CSC's computing platforms
- implementing a new feature or algorithm into their code
- parallelizing a serial code
- porting a code to utilize GPUs
- improving serial performance and parallel scalability of their code.
There is no fixed program for this workshop – it is all about hacking. There will be a short briefing session at 9.00 and the workshop ends at around 5 pm. The times for the possible short talks will be agreed on the fly. Attendees can have their breaks whenever they please.