metadata_webinar_2019 - Training
|Date:||20.03.2019 14:00 - 20.03.2019 15:00|
|Location details:||Webinar recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FucXvcdtPG4|
Jessica Parland-von Essen
This webinar gives you a quick introductions on metadata usage in research data. Metadata needs to be standardized in order to be able to compare data to other data. Metadata schemes are the overall structure for the metadata.
We will be presenting a few standards/schemas supporting the documentation:
- Dublincore (Johan Kylander)
- DataCite (Jessica Parland-von Essen)
- PREMIS (Johan Kylander)
- METS (Johan Kylander)
The following questions will be answered:
- Why was the format created, for what use?
- Who manages the format today?
- How you can find a metadata schema and standard to suit your needs?
The webinar is for everyone interested in the subject.