Services purchased by the Ministry of Education and Culture to support vocational education and training in 2019
The Ministry of Education and Culture and the IT Center for Science (CSC) have agreed on services purchased by the VET Department (AMOS) of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
The following interoperability and knowledge management services and operational development projects will be purchased by AMOS from CSC in 2019:
- Oiva – the production and further development of the steering and regulatory services and the preparation of performance decisions of the educational administration
- ARVO – the development of the impact information service of the educational administration
- Identity management, authentication, authorization and consent management
- Competence mapping services
- Study and development tasks for ICT services in vocational education and training
- Reporting and analytics
- Development of the information repository for open learning materials.
The agreement also covers services purchased by the organizations under the Ministry of Education and Culture's field of operation:
- ARVO – the education administration's impact information service
- Guidance, learning, and support and administration solutions for the providers of vocational education and training
Services purchased from CSC promote cooperation in vocational training and interoperability of information systems. The measures help to enhance the operational basis and structural development of Finnish education and education providers.
The content of the services and their objectives are set out in the agreement.