Services for Science
CSC's services for research employ the latest technology, are globally competitive, and can adapt to the needs of most scientific fields.
CSC provides a cutting-edge computing environment and virtual computation services for research and product development. Using consultants in IT and scientific computation boosts research, as it frees researchers to engage in actual research activities. Our experts will help you select the most suitable and effective tools and software for each research project. They will also advise you on the effective use of supercomputers and cloud computation, and on questions relating to the use of international resources.
CSC's computers have been installed with Finland's broadest range of scientific software and databases, which researchers can access through the Funet network. We offer the international research community about 200 scientific programmes, including associated training and user support.
Users of CSC's services for research can find more information and guidelines on research.csc.fi.
These are just some of the services that are available to researchers:
Consultation and Tailored Solutions
Education Management and Student Administration Services
Funet Network Services
- eduroam Roaming Access Service
- Funet FileSender File Sharing Service
- Funet Silta Video Conferencing MCU Service
- Funet Tiimi Web Conferencing System
Identity and Access Management
Research Information Management
- A database service for research
- AVAA - Open-access publishing platform
- Etsin - research data finder
- IDA Storage Service
- Research Information Management
Scientific Computing and Software
- Chipster Data Analysis Software
- Computing Services, Software and Databases
- ELMER consultation
- PaITuli Spatial Data Service
- Pouta Cloud Service
- Relational database service
- The Language Bank of Finland
Due to the agreement made with the Ministry of Education and Culture, services are mainly available free of charge to researchers at higher education institutions.
More information about the agreement »