|Date:||25.10.2016 9:00 - 25.10.2016 16.30|
|Location details:||The event is organised at the CSC Training Facilities located in the premises of CSC at Keilaranta 14, Espoo, Finland. The best way to reach us is by public transportation; more detailed travel tips are available.|
|Lecturers:|| Speakers can be found from program. |
Practical matters: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the workshop is to share knowledge about high-performance geocomputing. The morning session will concentrate on R spatial and its use in CSC's environment. In the afternoon different current geocomputing projects in Finland are presented. The day will end with an open discussion related to the topic.
R and Taito session
Afternoon session with project presentations
- Kylli Ek, CSC, "CSC HPC resources"
- Eevaliisa Laine, GTK, "High-performance geoscientific computing in multi-scale mineral potential studies"
- Peter Kullberg, University of Helsinki, "Measuring protection equality" (R, Taito)
- Markku Viitasalo, SYKE, "Data-intensive surveys provide background for maritime spatial planning - VELMU and SmartSea projects" (R, Taito)
- FGI, "Interactive uncertainty analysis of catchment areas using cPouta could service for high-performance computations"
- Henrikki Tenkanen, University of Helsinki, "Using CSC resources in Open GeoScience and teaching" (ArcPy, cPouta, Pouta BluePrints, Python)
- Jesús Carabaño, Åbo Akademi, "From python scripting to parallel raster spatial analysis"
|9:00-10:30||Using R on CSC's supercluster Taito (Seija Sirkiä, CSC)|
|10:45-11:45||R spatial packages|
|11.45-12:30||Lunch (at own cost)|