|Date:||16.04.2018 9:00 - 16.04.2018 16:00|
|Location details:||The event is organised at the CSC Training Facilities located in the premises of CSC at Keilaranta 14, Espoo, Finland. The best way to reach us is by public transportation; more detailed travel tips are available.|
|Lecturers:|| Ville Kankare (University of Helsinki) |
|The fee covers all materials, lunches as well as morning and afternoon coffees.|
The seats are filled in the registration order. If a cancellation is received five (5) business days prior to the course, the course fee will be refunded with the exception of a handling fee of 10 €. For no-shows and cancellations after the cut of date no refunds will be made. Registration can be transferred to someone else from the same organization without additional charge.
Payment can be made with electronic invoicing, credit card, or direct bank transfer. Note that for electronic invoicing you need the operator and e-invoicing address (OVT code) of your organization. Please also note that invoice reference is needed for electronic invoicing in your organization, so please have this available when registering.
A one day introductory course presenting basic characteristics of LiDAR datasets and how to manage aerial LiDAR datasets using different tools.
The course target audience are scientists and the like interested in an overview of tools and methods to analyze LiDAR datasets. The tools used during the course are LasTools and R.
The course will consist of lectures, demos and hands on exercises.
- Basics of geoinformatics (coordinate systems, vector, raster etc)
- No previous knowledge of LiDAR/ALS (Aerial LiDAR Scanning) datasets is required
- No previous experience with LasTools is required
- Some R programming background is an advantage
- Introduction lecture
- LiDAR data processing with LasTools
- Processing ALS data with R (basic surface models and ALS metrics)
- Predicting forest attributes using area based approach and calculated metrics with R
- LiDAR analysis in Taito (Eduardo Gonzalez, CSC)
|10:45-12:15||LiDAR data processing with LasTools|
|13:00-14:15||Processing ALS data with R (basic surface models and ALS metrics)|
|14:30-15:30||Predicting forest attributes using area based approach and calculated metrics with R|
|15:30-16:00||LiDAR analysis in Taito (Eduardo Gonzalez, CSC)|