|Date:||16.10.2018 14:00 - 16.10.2018 15:00|
|Location details:||Link to the webinar room: https://cscfi.zoom.us/j/573568196|
|Lecturers:|| Shubham Kapoor (CSC) |
This webinar gives you a practical introduction for using CSC's cloud services Pouta. The Pouta cloud services are meant for all fields of science & research. It allows users to solve computational challenges which have not previously been possible to run on CSC's other computing systems.
Some usecases where Pouta cloud services are especially suitable are research projects that require applications with a browser based user interface, self building of complex application stacks, tools and services that need super-user access or specific version of OS, that utilise features that are not available for normal users in Taito supercluster (for ex. Docker Containers, web or database servers, Applications with custom package version requirements ) or have Sensitive data processing requirements (ePouta Cloud).
There are no prerequisities for this webinar.
Pouta clouds in short:
- Community IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) cloud service offering from CSC for research & educational purposes
- Based on the open source OpenStack software
- Allows running your own virtual machines on CSC's infrastructure
- Flexibility to decide your own OS, middleware & runtime environment.
- Allows Superuser control of applications and operating system
- Permits direct connection to the Internet, providing new collaboration opportunities (applicable for cPouta)
- Platform for processing sensitive data (ePouta)
Webinar link: https://cscfi.zoom.us/j/573568196
Tips: At the first time, Zoom asks you to download a launcher plug in. After this, you should be able to open the webinar room from the link. The webinar room is timed, and will open when the webinar begins. When signing in, remember to click "join audio conference by computer". If you are using a headset, it is easiest to plug them in before opening Zoom.